Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh agricultural raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
• Analyze test data, making computations as necessary, to determine test results.
• Administer tests to assess whether engineers or operators are qualified to use equipment.
• Check arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
• Grade, classify, or sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
• Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.